2020 – Covid 19 update
We are very sorry to say that due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty of how things might be trending in November and December this year, the ‘Give a Dog a Bone Keep Kitty Happy’ Christmas Appeal 2020 will not go ahead this year.
This difficult decision was made based on the following factors:
- Several of the GADAB Drop off Points are unable to open
- Others have restricted access, and
- Asking volunteers to travel around Sydney and surrounding areas could potentially put them at risk.
If you still want to help to make it a happy Christmas for the animals, then some options are:
- Google your local Council Pound, some of them can take your donations
- Check for ‘wish lists’ for money or donations on rescue services websites.
A list of current organisations that GADAB donates to, with links to their websites, can be found here: https://giveadogabone.info/who-benefits/
What is GADAB?
GADAB is an annual Christmas appeal that provides toys, food and treats to animals in need. It runs 25 November – 15 December each year.
The appeal simply asks individuals to add one pet item to their shopping basket (toy, treat or food for cats or dogs) and drop it at a designated donation point.
All donations are distributed to cats and dogs in animal shelters and services across Sydney, the Blue Mountains, and the Central Coast.
Please note – no second hand items can be accepted.
2018 GADAB volunteers