Our appeal will start on 25 November.
You can contact Give a Dog a Bone, Keep Kitty Happy (GADAB) for any enquiries.
What is ‘Give A Dog A Bone, Keep Kitty Happy’ (GADAB)?
GADAB was started in 2006 by Nicola Addison. It was an idea she had to help assist animal shelters and other animal services at Christmas by providing toys, treats and food for them by appealing to the community for a donation of a single item.
Where are the collection points?
Check the list of current collection points where you can donate items.
When does this appeal run?
Appeal dates are 25 November to 15 December each year.
Which services do you distribute to?
View the list of current services we distribute to.
Services need these items all year round. Why do you only collect at Christmas?
Holding the appeal at Christmas time is a deliberate choice to utilise the ‘spirit of giving’, which is part of the season. We also want to draw attention to the particularly serious strain on services caring for homeless animals at this time of year.
Do you accept money?
GADAB does not request or encourage cash donations and attempts to keep its administration costs as close to zero as possible.
Do you accept second hand items?
For reason of hygiene and differences in peoples’ perception of second-hand items, GADAB collects only new items.
I can’t get to a pet shop and don’t have time to purchase a toy or treat, what can i do?
We have 2 pet shops that offer anyone interested to donate to GADAB to call and make a purchase via credit card. Both these shops are GADAB collection points, so your item can be immediately added to the current Christmas appeal. Please call either Edgecliff Pets, Edgecliff on 02 9328 3608, or Pets Palace in Newtown on 02 9519 8777.
How else can I help?
- Send the information regarding the Appeal through your networks
- Start a collection off with friends or at work
- Like us on Facebook and be part of the discussion
- Consider doing some volunteer work with a rescue service
- Foster a dog and spread the word about our Appeal.
Find out more
- Our mission and why we do this appeal
- How you can help Give a Dog a Bone, Keep Kitty Happy or volunteer for other animals organisations
- Where to drop off donations
- Who benefits from your support